I'm Romina Halabi, a web developer based in Denver, Colorado. I've been building websites since AOL was a household name and dial-up modems were obligatory.
Since then, web applications have evolved, and so have my skills in building them.
My skills include:
- Java: as a Java developer, I have experience with Java 8 and 9, Spring/Thymeleaf, Spark, Gradle, Webservices, Hibernate, JavaFX, and testing with JUnit. My favorite IDE is IntelliJ, but I'm also experienced with Eclipse and BlueJ.
- Back-End Development: building RESTful production-grade web applications in Ruby on Rails, WordPress, and Node.js.
- Web Design: Adobe Creative Suite (including Photoshop); wireframing with Figma, Balsamiq, and Illustrator.
- Databases: MySQL, MariaDB, and PostgreSQL
- DVCS: Git, Github, and Bitbucket
- Production Deployment: Digital Ocean, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Cloudways, ServerPilot, Heroku, SiteGround, DreamHost, and GoDaddy